Cool Room Contest
Love your new room and can't wait to show it off? Enter the annual Cool Room Contest!
Register now for your chance to win!
- August 28–September 19: Upload TWO photos before registration closes at midnight.
*Note: Actual start date is August 28, not August 29 as displayed on video.
- September 22: Judging Panel meets to determine which rooms will move on to the final round.
- September 25–29: Finalists will have their room professionally photographed.**
- October 2–October 11: Students vote online for the coolest rooms to win $20 Target cards and the grand prize, a JBL Everest Wireless Bluetooth On-Ear Headphones.
- October 13: Winners announced.
- First 60 participants (not rooms) to register and participate: Cool Room T-Shirt
- Judge's top 5 room picks: $20 Target gift card
- Grand prize room: JBL Everest Wireless Bluetooth On-Ear Headphones
Rules & Regulations:
- Students living in apartments or suites must register individually.
Only bedrooms will be judged in apartments in suites with shared rooms.
- Participation is limited to residents of Residential Programs and Services (RPS).
- RPS employees are not eligible to participate.
- Prizes are subject to Federal tax law and may require completion of appropriate tax forms.
- Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited after 30 days from initial notification.
**Finalists must be prepared to schedule a photo shoot with photographers by September 27. You will be contacted via email on September 22, after the judging panel meets. If you do not schedule a photo shoot by September 27, RPS has the right to disqualify your entry and choose a different finalist to take your place.
Meet the 2017 Cool Room Contest judging panel! Your panel is comprised of top professors across campus and finalists from last year's Cool Room Contest.
Marie Shakespeare is a lighting designer for theatrical productions and architectural projects based in Bloomington, Indiana, and is the design director for Shakespeare Lighting Design LLC. She teaches lighting design courses in the Interior Design Department, and participated in the original installation of Light Totem.
Ryan Clark is an Interior Designer for Residential Programs and Services, where she designs and oversees projects in IU Residence Halls and sometimes RPS Dining Spaces. She recently graduated from IU with a BS in Interior Design and a minor in Fine Arts in May of 2016. Outside of her design work, Ryan enjoys running at Griffy Lake with her dog, and eating Indian food with her favorite people as often as she can.
Garrett Dederichs, is a Sophomore studying finance and accounting from Palos Park IL. He went to Brother Rice High School in Chicago, a private Catholic school on the south side. He played volleyball and golf all four years in high school. He currently plays on the men's club volleyball team here at IU. He loves to fish, golf, and is a huge Chicago Cubs fan. He is the Cool Room Contest winner from 2016 and as a judge this year he cannot wait to see what designs students come up with!
Contest opens August 25.