We employ hundreds of students each year. Read on to discover what some of these jobs entail. Also, see our listings at Jobs @ IU for more opportunities.
Den by Denny's
The Den by Denny's is now hiring! Starting pay is $10.15 per hour. Go to the Recruitment and Training page to apply.
Graduate Assistantship Opportunities for 2017–18
The priority deadline for Graduate Assistantships has passed. Please email questions to Join RPS.
The student assistant position is responsible for the daily operations of the libraries and Movies, Music, & More (MMM) centers. Duties include staffing the circulation desk, re-shelving materials, and completing other duties as assigned by the Center Supervisor. A typical work schedule is 10 hours per week. Must be willing to work evenings and some weekends. These positions are open to IU students only; students who live in the residence halls are preferred. Students may apply throughout the year.
Job postings for this position begin during the spring semester (February or March) for the following fall. No resumes will be accepted until a position becomes open. Should a position open at any other time, it will be posted.
The Assistant Manager of Residence Hall Libraries (AML) is specifically appointed to assist the Manager of Residence Hall Libraries and the Library Services Coordinator to develop and maintain a library system within the residence halls and apartment housing at Indiana University Bloomington.
Major responsibilities include:
- Supervision and evaluation of libraries and MMM Center Supervisors.
- Collection development and management.
- Assisting with the coordination of purchases of library materials.
- Serving as a liaison with various leaders in the residence hall communities to maintain dynamic library and media center facilities.
The ideal candidate for the AML position will have knowledge of collection development practices, as well as supervisory experience. In addition, applicants should be enrolled and taking classes in a degree-granting graduate program of study at Indiana University Bloomington.
Graduate students holding this position will receive insurance benefits. The AML position is a 20-hour per week commitment. Due to the nature of working with staff and students in residence halls, there are weekly fluctuations in which the AML may work above and beyond 20 hours in a given week.
The Center Supervisor is specifically appointed to manage the daily operations of one of 11 RPS Libraries locations in the form of a library or an MMM Center.
Major responsibilities include:
- The supervision and evaluation of five to seven hourly student employees.
- The selection of library materials.
- Attendance at regular meetings.
The ideal candidate for the Center Supervisor position will have supervisory experience. Interest in library-related employment or knowledge of collection development is preferred, but not necessary. In addition, applicants should be enrolled and taking classes in a degree-granting program of study at IU Bloomington. Graduate students will receive the highest consideration for library positions, and undergraduates will receive the highest consideration for MMM positions.
Remuneration and Benefits
Due to the differences in the size and content of Library and MMM collections, compensation is as follows:
- Graduate students holding a Library Center Supervisor position will receive insurance benefits and a cash stipend of $4,600 in ten equal installments.
- Undergraduates holding an MMM Center Supervisor position for the 2014–15 year will receive a cash stipend of $4,100 in ten equal installments.
- The Center Supervisor position is a 15-hour per week commitment. Due to the nature of working with staff and students in residence halls, there are weekly fluctuations in which the Center Supervisor may work above and beyond 15 hours in a given week.
Resident Assistants & CommUNITY Educators
Resident Assistant and CommUNITY Educator applications will be available in mid-October. Please check back soon for more information. For questions, email JoinRPS.
Tour Guides (Now Hiring for Fall 2017)
The deadline for RPS Tour Guide Positions has passed.