Residential Programs and Services

Home > Housing


Home > Housing > News & Announcements

RPS News & Announcements

Closings and Alternate Hours for Memorial Day

All RPS administration offices will be closed on Memorial Day, May 29, 2017. This includes the assignments office. We will reopen at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, May 30.

All Campus Café's will also be closed on Memorial Day. Union Street Market will be open 9 a.m.–7 p.m.

In Touch Newsletter

InTouch will return next school year. We wish you a wonderful summer!

Missed the last In Touch Newsletter of the 2016-17 school year? Read it here!

2017 Summer Housing Contract

The New Student Housing contract information is now live. To begin the process, visit the One.IU page. Visit the First-Time Applicants page for more information.

2017 Summer Dining Hours

Please review the adjusted 2017 summer dining hours at The Bookmarket Eatery and across IU Bloomington campus café's and dining halls.

RPS Dining Locations Dates Days of the Week Hours
Union Street Market

Tuesday, May 9–Monday, June 5

Monday–Friday 7 a.m.–7 p.m.
Saturday–Sunday 9 a.m.–7 p.m.
Monday, June 5–Friday, July 28 Monday–Friday 7 a.m.–6 p.m.
Wright Food Court Tuesday, June 6–Saturday, July 29 Monday–Friday 7 a.m.–9 p.m.
Saturday–Sunday 9 a.m.–9 p.m.
Hoosier Café's Dates Mondays–Thursdays Fridays
Cyberinfrastructure Building

Tuesday, May 9–Friday, August 4

7:30 a.m.–3 p.m. 7:30 a.m.–3 p.m.
Ballantine Hall Tuesday, May 9–Friday, July 28 7:30 a.m.–3 p.m. 7:30 a.m.–1 p.m.
Jordan Hall Monday, June 5–Thursday, July 27 8 a.m.–2 p.m. 8 a.m.–1 p.m.

Herman B Wells Library

Monday, June 5–Friday, July 28 8 a.m.–3 p.m. 8 a.m.–3 p.m.
SPEA Building Monday, June 5–Friday, July 28 8 a.m.–3 p.m. 8 a.m.–1 p.m.
School of Education Tuesday, May 9–Thursday, July 27 9 a.m.–2 p.m. 9 a.m.–1 p.m.

Get It Fixed! Reporting Needed Repairs

Students that run into things in need of repair should email a thorough description of the problem and it's location to the appropriate Fix It! account, or call your residence hall's center desk. If your problem is an emergency—don't email—call us! We'll answer 24/7.

Location Email Phone
Ashton 812-855-1415
Briscoe 812-855-5313
Campus View & BBHN 812-855-5553
Collins & Hillcrest 812-855-5553
Evermann & Redbud 812-855-4307
Eigenmann 812-855-8581
Forest 812-855-5311
Foster 812-855-1408
McNutt 812-855-1183
Read 812-855-5586
Spruce 812-855-3502
Teter 812-855-4034
Tulip Tree, 3rd & Union, & University 812-855-2108
Union Street Center 812-855-5513
Willkie & Mason Hall 812-856-4804
Wright 812-855-6558

Consider a Learning Community

On February 1, 2017 we'll open applications for new students seeking a place to live on campus in the 2017–18 year. Since the application process will be a new experience for most people, we've outlined what you need to do before you start your application.

One of the biggest decision's you'll have to make to complete your housing application is about the type of college experience you want to have. You may be surprised to hear that decision isn't about a neighborhood or specific building. Your collegiate journey is about your personal growth and at IU Bloomington you can choose to enhance your journey by joining a learning community.

Learning communities come in a variety of sizes, subjects and responsibilities. You can review the full list of communities and consider the possibilities.

What Everyone Should Know About Flying Drones on Campus

Tech gifts are big this holiday season and one of the most popular tech items is the drone. If you happen to get one of these flying marvels, there are some things about using the air space on campus that you need to know.

  • The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulates the use of unmanned aircraft systems (UASs) and that does include drones.
  • Indiana University does have a policy regulating UASs on it's campuses.
  • Drones cannot be flown inside a residential building or a locker room, or restrooms, or other places where people normally expect to have privacy,
  • You may be required to get a Certificate of Authorization (COA) from the FAA. You'll need to contact the IU Office of Insurance Loss Control & Claims (INLOCC) to start and complete this authorization process,
  • These COAs aren't free. There are fees involved.

So, if you're still undaunted and set on flying your new drone on campus, be sure to ready the university's full Unmanned Aircraft policy and contact INLOCC to start your approval process.

Residential Programs and Services



Staff Directory


Live Chat