All first-year undergraduate students are required to live in university housing for at least two semesters. In some instances, you may be eligible to request an exemption. Remember, you can submit your application and return to edit it until the submission deadline, which is at 5 p.m. on May 10, 2018. Applications for 2019–20 open at 4 p.m. on February 1, 2019.
Students Starting at IUB in January, 2019
Transfer and new students beginning their Hoosier collegiate careers spring semester will be able to apply online begining October 21. Current IUB students wishing to return to RPS housing need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to gain access to the online application.
Assignment information will be mailed to each applicants IU email account beginning the week of December 17.
The residence halls will open at 12 noon on January 1, 2019. The assignment office will open at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, January 2, 2019.
From the moment I first set foot on IU’s campus, I knew this was where I needed to be. Since moving into my residence hall, I’ve made so many new friends and have grown immensely as an individual.Natalia J.
Before you apply
You'll need to take care of a few things;
- Create an IU network account and passphrase. Your student ID number is on the official acceptance notice sent to you by admissions.
- If you're under 18 years of age, your parent or guardian must agree to the contract terms. So have him/er create an eProxy account.
- In case you don't think you have to live with us, review the residence exemption process.
- If you have medical or physical concerns that will affect your assignment, you and your attending physician, need to complete and return the Medical Verification Form by May 1, 2018.
- Review the costs.
- Rank-ordered a list of your preferences (i.e., learning community, room type, neighborhood, roommate preference). You may update this list until May 10, 2018.
- Choose a meal plan. You will enter your selection on your application.
- If you have a preferred roommate, get the individual's full name and IU network ID to enter on your application. We use the oldest application date of the pair or group to make a room assignment for roommates. Roommate requests must be mutual.
- We'll need an emergence contact for you. You'll enter this contact information on your application.
- Decide if you want to waive your privacy rights to your housing and dining records. If you do want us to share this information, complete a FERPA waiver. You'll need to provide the name of the individual(s) on your application.
- Have a valid American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or VISA credit or debit card ready at hand for the $200 application fee.