Students living in these communities have decided to live in an environment that places special emphasis on academics. They believe living with other students who share those same academic values and principles is important for success. This community is designed for sophomore, junior, and senior students who choose to maintain a realistic balance between their academics and social engagement. The community provides programs, resources, and experiences that aid students in developing habits necessary for their success here and beyond.
- $100 annual program fee.
- Housing costs; enhanced.
- Enhanced single rooms.
- Neighborhood; southeast
- Participation is exclusively for students in their second year of college and beyond.
- Involvement of a faculty or staff Residential Fellow.
- Additional opportunities for involvement and leadership within the community.
- Quiet hours are Sunday through Thursday 10 p.m.–9 a.m., and Friday to Saturday, 2–10 a.m.
- Programming funds and access to opportunities for enhanced community activities
Rising Scholars is designed for the unique needs associated with being a sophmore, junior, or senior student; potential activities include etiquette dinners, resume boot camp, and life skills development.
Who Lives Here
We welcome transfer, sophomore, junior, and senior students interested in focusing on their academics.
- I will be committed to and take ownership in my academic achievement.
- I will engage in academic rigor both inside and outside of the classroom.
- I will be open to experiences and opportunities outside of the classroom that enhance and contribute to my in-classroom learning.
- I will be supportive of other residents in their academic pursuits.
- I will build relationships with students, faculty, and staff dedicated to assisting me in my academic pursuits.
- I will live in a semi-structured environment that is designed to promote academic success alongside other students who value academic success.
- I will be a productive and supportive member of my community.
- I will agree to respect and uphold the community quiet hours.