You need a job and we need employees! We hire hundreds of students and other hourly and full-time workers.  

See a complete listing of our available jobs.

Jobs at IU

Residential Life Positions

Employment for some positions in this department takes a different application path. Anyone interested in working for the libraries should email rpslib@indiana.edu. For the other positions listed, email joinrps@indiana.edu.

Resident Assistant and CommUNITY Education positions are available for 2019-20. Applications are due Nov 29. Attendance at one of the informational sessions is mandatory to apply. E-mail joinrps@indiana.edu for questions.

Informational Sessions (must attend one to apply):

  • October 15 Spruce Classroom B109, 7 p.m.
  • October 22 McNutt 208B, 8:30 p.m.
  • October 25 Teter NST, 8 p.m.
  • October 29 Hodge Hall 2082, 7 p.m.
  • November 1 Luddy Hall 1106, 7:30 p.m.
  • November 6 Read Hoosier Den, 6 p.m.
  • November 13 Briscoe SAR, 8 p.m.
  • November 26 Union Street Auditorium, 9 p.m.

Apply to be an RA / CUE

Graduate Assistantships

RPS offers over 30 graduates assistantships to students in a variety of programs! Please visit the graduate employment page for more information. Questions? E-mail joinrps@indiana.edu.

Application Process

Except for applicants to the Higher Education and Student Affairs (HESA) program where the assistantship process is part of the program admission, the graduate assistantship process for Residential Programs and Services (RPS) is separate from the academic admissions process. To learn more about the HESA Outreach process, please visit the Student Personnel Association at Indiana University.

To be considered for an assistantship in RPS, you must be currently enrolled in a graduate program or in the process of enrolling in a graduate program at Indiana University for Fall 2018. First-year law students and first-year MBA students are not eligible for graduate assistantship positions. Preference for interviews may be given to those candidates entering the fields of graduate study in the area of Higher Education and Student Affairs or Counseling and Educational Psychology.

Please contact Join RPS for more information.